So you've decided to sacrifice your upper lip for the Kidds?
Let's get this party started!
Step 1 - Fundraise
- Follow this link: https://www.firstgiving.com/supportingkidds/M4K2017
- Click on the green "Join Team" button near the top of the page.
- Click on Select next to the type of your choice. Grower - Plan to grow a stache. Gardener - Want to help raise money but no stache.
- Your FirstGiving account: Fill in the required information.
- Join a team: Select an option and click Next. If you want to create a team with your co-workers you can create one or join the existing one.
- Registrant 1: Read & agree to the waiver statement at the bottom.
Create a personal fundraising page:
- Page title: Let the creative juices flow. Example - Nate Bacon : 'A Study in Mustaches as Art'.
- Select an image or upload your own: Upload a photo of your mustache goal or at least what you hope it will look like. Example - Tom Selleck.
- Your story: This is your chance to tell people why you are doing this. Humor is always recommended.
- How much do you plan to raise? Enter a goal for your fundraising.
- Make first donation to your page: Nothing says "I'm committed" like making your own first donation, however this is optional!
- Payment: Fill in the required financial information.
- You'll be added to the Current Growers page within a day of creating your fundraiser.
Step 2 - Promote
Shamelessly promote your page to your friends and co-workers through Social Media and Email. After all this is for the Kidds.
Step 3 - Participate
Attend the checkpoints and most importantly the grand finale known as the Stache Bash.
- View the Schedule of Events.
- Get your checkpoint pictures taken. Miss a checkpoint? Send a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org to keep your progress up-to-date on the Current Growers page.
- Enjoy the Happy Hour specials starting at 5:30pm.
- Critique everyone else's majestic/pathetic excuses for a mustache.
- Start planning your costume for the Stache Bash!
Step 4 - Have Fun!
Get crazy! It's only 4 weeks, how bad can your upper lip really look?